How did I crack Vlocity/Industry CPQ developer certification?

 

As I am working in Vlocity EPC space from more than 1.5 years and I thought cracking certification will be easy but for my surprise, it is not easy as we think if we don’t have all the exam topics covered for the certification.

I am able to crack the CPQ certification in my second attempt. I would like to share my experience with all of you as it may help many of you to get pass the exam.

About the Exam-

  • 60 multiple-choice/multiple-select questions, up to 5 unscored questions*
  • Time allotted to complete the exam: 105 minutes 
  • Passing Score: 63% 

Below are the topics which I went through while preparation. Do not only read the topics, you will need to understand the concepts very well by doing practical in the CPQ configured Org (hopefully you have Vlocity CPQ org by partner community). 

Exam outline – 

Products: 20%
Promotions and Discounts: 7%
Pricing: 17%
Rules: 12%
APIs: 12%
Ordering and Quoting: 12%
Troubleshooting: 20% 

How did I Prepare for this? 

My company is salesforce partner, so we had a privilege to access the vlocity educational org and access to vlocity university. 

For CPQ exam, I have started with CPQ solutions for industries module it all covers exam outline. This module gives us in depth knowledge on the CPQ-EPC related concepts and have challenges at the end to cover the hands-on practices (most loved part 😊). Apart from this my project experience has hugely helped me to prepare for EPC related stuff.

quick tip  - Questions asked between the module will help for exam preparation 😊 

For a quick recap I have noted down all questionaries which are part of course and important warning and notes from the hands-on study guide. This has helped me to do a quick reputation on all the topics

While in first attempt, I was not fully thorough on few of the topics like Digital commerce API,Guided selling. And result of this is I got only 53%. Better side of failing certification is that, you will understand and study the concepts in more focused manner. While taking the exam second time I have used voucher code from https://sfdcdevelopers.com/salesforce-certification-coupons-vouchers/  

We will try to cove few of the important topics in brief manner.

Note - Ask yourself below questions while studying. 

Products-    

  • How product will get created?
  • How Product will  show up in the cart? What the required parameter(items)
  • How can you configure the attribute to show in the Product? – Map attribute to Product 2 object
  • How to create attribute? what is basic required details to create an Attribute?  -ATTC
  • What pricing it will show in product cart search? Base or list

Ordering and Quoting-

  • How asset can be converted? Different statuses involved
  • Identify concepts required to configure multi-site quoting
  • Explore asset-based ordering (ABO)

Promotions and Discounts-

  • Scenarios to configure Promotions & discounts
  • Type of discounts and when to use what type
  • How to configure the promotions for child product in bundle?
  • Understand the cardinality concept while using Promotions 

Pricing-

  • How to create Price list & PLE? Pricebook & pricelist is required respectively
  • How can you create multiple PLE for same product? How to create multiple PLE for product using effectivity Date concept
  • Understanding on how advance Pricing work using STD, Source & target, and Range
  • What has to be done if new price list is not reflecting on product ( CMT Job)

Rules-

  •        Understand when to use context rules and Advance rules
  •        How can we use Context dimension, Mapping and scope (different types and when to use it)
  •       How to configure the catalog, product relationship and entity filter while using Advance rules

 APIs-

  • Determine when to use cart based APIs or the digital commerce APIs
  • Understand the concepts of guided selling using orthodox & Digital commerce API way
  • API involved and when & what API’s to be used in guided selling process( CreateCart, checkout, getCartItems, postCartItems etc..)
  • How can be guided selling Omniscript be launched – vlocity actions 😊
  • Considerations of context dimensions while using in Digital Commerce API (it has to be cached and should have default value)
  • DG API used for mainly caching and anonymous user functionality
  • Understand Shared catalog & association with products

Troubleshooting-

  • How CMT jobs works
  • How Digital Commerce caching works
    • Populate for first time and regenerations
  • How to generate JSON after products migrated from one org to other


Hope this details helped to study Industry/Vlocity CPQ certification. Let me know your thoughts.


Happy Learning😊😊

 


 

 

 

 

Comments

  1. Thank you for this summary and guideline. I had finished the training but I wasn't sure if I was missing anything. I feel strongly now, reading over this, that I may have failed my first attempt, but overall I am focusing on what will be on the test and not going all over the place. Congrats on passing,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Common Vlocity EPC-CPQ Errors and Solutions

Vlocity Developer Productivity Tools